Starfruit has an unusual shape, which resembles a five-pointed star when sliced.
Star fruit is a small, slow growing evergreen perennial tree in Oxalidaceae family. It has a lot of branches and young plant has a shape of a pyramid. The leaf is small and oval in shape. The upper surface of the leaf is smooth and is yellowish green in colour. The fruits are oval and its cross cut will give a star shape.
Planting And Care
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.