Opuntia microdasys is a decorative cactus which adds beauty.
The flowers emerge from the top edges of the pads in April and May. The yellow flowers appear only rarely.
Planting And Care
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
Bunny Ear Cactus Care
|Full sun, partial sun, at least 4 to 6 hours of sunlight per day.
|Low for the rainy season, Moderate for winter, More than moderate for a summer
|Avoid excess organic contents in the soil.
|Ideal: 22 to 35 degrees C
|No need much. A peat-based compost should not be used.