Enjoy the most delicious and nutritious tropical fruit at your home easily by growing Jackfruit plant.
Jackfruit erect evergreen perennial tree in Moraceae family. Leaves are dark green, alternate, glossy and somewhat leathery, fairly large and oval in shape. Flowers are short, stout and emerges from the trunk and large branches. The Jackfruit is a multiple fruit that is composed of the coherence of multiple flowers.
Planting And Care
- Jackfruit care dictates the removal of dead wood and thinning of the growing jackfruit tree.
- Pruning to keep the jackfruit at about 15 feet high will also facilitate harvesting.
- Keep the tree roots damp but not wet.
Jack Fruit Care
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
|Sunlight||· More than 6 hours of direct bright sunlight a day.|
|Watering||· Before water poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
· Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
· Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
|Soil||· The soil should be well drained and fertile, rich in organic content for growing plant.
· Grow well in pH range of 6.5 to 8
|Temperature||25 to 35 degree C|
|Fertilizer||· During the main growing season (Sep-Nov) feed the plant with organic fertilizer.|