Garlic Vine is one of the most rewarding, flowering vines that you can grow. Interestingly enough it smells like garlic. However, it doesn’t smell if the plant is left alone, only when the leaves are crushed. The smell is because it contains sulphur like all in and allyl sulphides that the garlic has.
Garlic creeper is delight to grow as it shoots up very fast. Garlic Vine is one of the most rewarding, flowering vines that you can grow. Interestingly enough it smells like garlic.
What makes it special:
- One of the best attractive flowering climber plants.
- Low maintenance plant.
- Perfect plant for outdoor garden.
Garlic vine is a species of tropical in the trumpet creeper family that is Bignoniaceae. Garlic creeper is beautiful ornamental vine with opposite leaves divided into two ovate leaflets. The flowers are funnel shaped and purple to white in color.
Garlic Creeper Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Keep the plant in Natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 4 cup (Approx. 200 ml) water when top soil (1-2 inches) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Natural direct 3-6 hours of morning sunlight and natural indirect bright light for the rest of the day.
|Apply 4 cup (Approx. 200 ml) water when top soil (1-2 inches) in pot feels dry to touch.
|Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.
|25 to 35 degree Celsius
|Apply any organic fertilizer once a month (Oct-Jan).