Planting And Care
- To sow, the smaller seeds should be sown in a light but rich starting medium buried shallowly beneath the surface of the soil
Cardamom requires steady supply of moisture and will not tolerate drought.
- If growing in a greenhouse, it should be kept humid and maintained carefully.
- Cardamom is not tolerant of cold, but should be kept in a location with many hours of partially occluded sunlight.
- Cardamom requires approximately 3 years of growth to produce capsules containing seeds.
- After the flowers mature, they will gradually dry out as capsule develops.
- These can be collected when capsules begin to turn green, and later dried on screens over the course of 6-7 days. Turn frequently.
Choti Elaichi Care
It has rigid and erect aromatic leaves, which forms the aerial part of the plant’s stems. These stems are between 2 to 4 meters high and forms a canopy of leaves around the plant.
You can propagate cardamom from seeds. You can try seeds you get from glossary store but those seeds are generally treated and not fresh. For best results buy seeds from seed store or online.
|Sunlight||Steady, low intensity|
|Soil||Rich, mildly acidic, loamy|
|Temperature||20 C and above|
|Fertilizer||Rich, mildly acidic, loamy|
There are no reviews yet.