These hardy herbaceous plants have beautiful foliage and are used as house plants throughout the world. Most of them produce branches freely and clumps are formed giving a showy appearance.
Gardening: Aglaonemas will do well if protected from direct sunlight; the minimum winter temperature should not be below 10 ° C. They prefer light, porous soil, rich in organic matter and a moist atmosphere. Watering should be done liberally during the growing period but potting compost should be kept just moist in winter.
One of the most used interior landscape plants is the aglaonema. Aglaonema has been grown as luck-bringing ornamental plants in Asia for centuries.
What makes it special:
- NASA recommended air purifier plant.
- Popular low maintenance plant.
- Plant for AC rooms, office desk, etc.
- Best indoor plant with colored attractive leaves.
Aglaonema is one best air purifier and a good luck bringer indoor plant.
Plant Watering Guide
First, check the moisture in the soil by following below steps
- Poke your finger or plain small stick in the soil
b. Check the moisture that you feel on a finger or on the stick
- If soil is muddy: No water required. Check moisture after 2-3 days.
- If the soil feels a little moist: No water required. Check moisture the next day.
- If soil is completely dry: Apply water thoroughly till the water comes out of drainage holes. Make sure that the water is not standing in the pot. Soil should be well drained.
- As a rule of thumb, plants need more water in the summer season and less water in winter and rainy season.
Plant Light Requirement Guide:
- Direct Sunlight: Area with as much direct sunlight light as possible.
- Indirect light with some direct sunlight: Brightly lit, with some sunlight falling on the leaves during the day (Especially the morning direct sunlight)
- Indirect Bright Light: Brightly lit but not with direct sunlight falling on the leaves. It should be kept near well light window or door. Many foliage house plants will flourish in this light.
- Low light: Moderately lit, with no direct sunlight falling on the leaves. A person can read a book in this light.
- Very low light: Poorly lit, a person will not be able to read a book in this light.
- Lighting is not just about providing the brightness to the plant. It is the duration of light and its intensity that decides the growth of the plant.
- There should be at 12-14 hours of required light that may be natural or artificial in order to maintain active plant growth whereas the light intensity varies greatly from plant to plant.
- When using artificial lights; try to use LED lights or fluorescent tubes to minimize the effect of heat on the plants. The ideal distance between an artificial light source and plant is 1 ft.
There are no reviews yet.